The Montana Fifth Wheel now has the accolade of being the #1 selling fifth wheel in North America for the past nine years. Such an accolade was earned due to their impressive quality build, features list and customer support. If you’re considering buying a fifth wheel then seriously consider purchasing a Montana Fifth Wheel as you’d be getting a fifth wheel built and designed by an industry leader in the RV market.
Typically a Montana fifth wheel is loaded with many more features than you’ll find in any of their competitors however they’re also renowned for their durability and reliability.
- The very front rail of the fifth wheel is curved to provide more structural integrity. This also has the added benefits of improved aerodynamics and a tighter turning radius.
- Montana’s very own MOR/Ryde fifth wheel suspension provides 4″ of suspension travel. This amount of suspension travel makes for a much smoother ride when being towed. This smoother ride helps to minimize wear and tear on the fifth wheel and it’s contents.
- Super tough 16″ Goodyear E-range tires are fitted to 8 lug wheels and hubs which use Dexter E-Z Lube Axles and Dexter Nev-R Adjust Brakes.
- Dexter E-Z Lube Axles have been manufactured with ease of maintenance in mind. They utilize wet bolts, 1/2″ shackle links and bronze bushings for the axle attachment points and axle leaf spring eyes. The generous use of wet bolts and bronze bushings enables all axle pivot points to be easily lubricated for improved durability.
- Dexter Nev-R Adjust Brakes are another Montana fifth wheel feature in that the brakes automatically adjust themselves. This ensures that the brakes always maintain their optimum braking performance without requiring any manual adjustments from the RV owner.
- Galvanized steel roof trusses are used. The special manufacturing process makes them actually stronger and lighter than wood or aluminum trusses. Also the clever design of the stamped steel trusses provides additional space so that more roof insulation can be fitted.
- Super strength sidewalls are achieved by the use of laminated R-9 solid block foam insulation.
- In the floors R-21 insulation is used and the Montana 5th wheel floors have subsequently been tested and rated for use in temperatures as low as zero degrees. The floors of all the slide-outs are also well insulated using R-14 astro foil insulation. The roof itself is insulated using R-38 roof insulation so the use of such high grade insulation materials throughout the fifth wheel makes winter heating and summer cooling so much easier and cheaper.
- A vented attic enables unwanted interior moisture to readily escape so minimizing long term moisture issues.
- All floors and walls have been framed using welded aluminum for optimum strength, durability and weight savings.
- Montana’s lippert hydragear slide-outs are covered by a full 5 year warranty. The unique design means that the slide-out seals have a high pressure applied to them ensuring that the fifth wheel slide-outs remain sealed against the ingress of dirt and water.